Tack Truck Driver
Job Description: Coastal Bridge Co., is now accepting applications for a Tack Driver. The primary responsibility of this position is to drive / operate a specialized equipment with a tank and spraying mechanism used to apply bituminous emulsion (tack) to road surfaces to strengthen adhesion between layers of asphalt paving and at joints, curbs and utilities. The position works as a member of a fast-paced road construction crew. Must have active CDL with proper endorsements.
Required Experience/ Responsibilities:
- Understand and comply with all Company safety policies and procedures
- Maintain good health status and flexibility to bend, push, pull, stoop and/or twist
- Maintain proper maintenance of truck and distributor including tire pressure, fluid levels, etc.
- Heat tack and operate tack truck
- Take beginning/ending rack readings and complete tack report
- Communicate with dispatchers using 2-way radios and verbal communication
- Complete log books, vehicle inspection and site condition reports
- Protect areas that are not supposed to be primed
- Keep your truck clean at all times
- Assist paving crew with various duties as assigned
- Safely load new liquid asphalt.
- Dispense Liquid Asphalt in predetermined amounts.
- Transport Liquid Asphalt in a safe manner to and from job site.
- Wear face and body protection when heating burners/loading/unloading tanker truck.
- Inspect equipment working parts and fluid levels before and after each start up.
- Immediately after the pre-trip truck inspection (which includes checking all fluids), report maintenance issues with company vehicles to mechanics for correction
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks on all equipment.
- Clean equipment before and after job start/completion.
- Perform maintenance and repairs to tank and spray equipment.
- Maintain safe activities while on job site and communicate to project manager or foreman safety hazards when encountered.
- Maintain a daily CDL log book and adhere to all FMCSA regulations.
Maintain clean housekeeping for work environment and equipment.
- Return equipment clean at all times.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience
- CDL A preferred
- Clean driving record
- Must be able to work nights and weekends
- Tanker endorsement required, Hazmat preferred
- Hold a current DOT physical card